Friday 14 December 2012

My letter to my MP over Medway's failing schools

Dear Mr Chishti
       
         I am writing to you concerning the worrying situation of Medway's primary schools. As fifth worst in the country it is a very concerning state of affairs.

I am not writing this as a Libdem trying to score points or trouble, nor am I here to call for Councillor Wick's head. I am writing as a concerned dad whose little girl will be starting primary school at Woodlands road in the next year or so.

Although Woodlands is a good school and my wife and I have every intention of helpin and augmenting both of our children's education it is still concerning.

As you know education is like a race, if you stumble in the starting blocks you'll be constantly playing catch up. The early years are especially important.

I know that your counterpart in Chatham and Aylesford, Tracey Crouch, is looking to secure a meeting with the council on the matter, I'm just seeking reassurances that you will be doing the same thing. There are a lot of worried residents in Gillingham and Rainham as well as across the Medway towns that, like my wife and I, want the best for our children and do not want to be let down. We would really appreciate it if you could, similarly intervene and help sort this situation out for the benefit of the local children, be they already in the system or, like Sophie, about to enter into it.

Thank you for your time,
Yours faithfully

Chris Sams 

No comments:

Post a Comment